Early Bird Special Price - 10% off if you book 30 days before course start | Discount applied at checkout
During the Implementing SAFe® course, you'll learn how to lead a Lean-Agile transformation by leveraging the practices and principles of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®) and the seven core competencies of the Lean Enterprise. Attendees gain insights and practice how to coach programs, launch Agile Release Trains, build a Continuous Delivery Pipeline with DevOps culture, and empower a Lean Portfolio.
This remote training course has been designed for an online learning environment and will be delivered by our experienced SAFe trainers over four days. Elabor8 online courses are designed to be highly interactive and leverage easy to use technologies that allow participants to easily form teams and seamlessly go into and out of breakout rooms for the many team based activities Delivered by James Halprin and Samantha Davis, both with years of experience driving agile adoptions leveraging SAFe, they’ll share good practice and anti-patterns they have observed. You'll gain insights and practice how to effectively coach programs, launch Agile Release Trains, build a continuous delivery pipeline and empower a Lean Portfolio. The first two days of the course — Leading SAFe® — provide the basis to teach SAFe to leaders. The final two days focus exclusively on what it takes to successfully implement SAFe in the enterprise. Certifying as a SAFe® 5 Program Consultant (SPC), and becoming a change agent, enables attendees to coach and guide the enterprise to succeed in a disruptive marketplace and empower them to implement a Lean-Agile SAFe transformation.
This course is suitable for all stakeholders in a Lean-Agile transformation using SAFe regardless of their experience. It goes without saying that the more people in the organisation who are trained to this level, the more successful the transformation. Most organisations benefit from having representatives from the executive team, the Program Management Office (PMO), and leaders and managers from both the Business and Technology. This ensures you have the internal capability to lead the adoption and train others.
We'll be upfront about it - although attending this class will give you the information you need to certify as a SAFe® 5 Program Consultant (SPC), you will need to study for the exam!
- Lead an enterprise Lean-Agile transformation
- Implement the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Empower with a Lean Portfolio
- Align the organization to a common language and way of working
- Perform Value Stream identification
- Launch and support Agile Release Trains, and coordinate Large Solutions
- Build and execute an implementation rollout strategy
- Configure the Framework for a specific enterprise context
- Train managers and executives in Leading SAFe®
- Continue their learning journey and become enabled to train other SAFe roles in the enterprise
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Becoming a Lean-Agile Leader
- Creating High-Performing Teams and Programs
- Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Releasing on Demand with DevOps
- Building Business Solutions and Lean Systems
- Implementing Lean Portfolio Management
- Implementing SAFe® – Days 3 and 4
- Reaching the SAFe Tipping Point
- Designing the Implementation
- Launching an ART
- Coaching ART Execution
- Extending to the Portfolio
- Sustaining and Improving
- Becoming a SAFe 5 Program Consultant (SPC)
You'll also receive
- Trainers with real world SAFe implementation experience
- Digital course workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the Scaled Agile SAFe 5 Program Consultant (SPC) certification exam
- One year membership to the SAFe® Community Platform
- Project Management Institute (PMI) PDU credit: 30 PDUs
I have attended many Agile related training courses over my career, but I always find myself seeking out Elabor8 when I want to expand my formal Agile learning. In my experience, the range of courses Elabor8 offer, as well as the fantastic trainers they have are second to none.
I completed the Implementing SAFe training with James and Samantha… wow, just wow. I was blown away with how they adapted their delivery due to the training being remote. The activities they created on top of the content was engaging and instrumental in my ability to absorb the extremely heavy Implementing SAFe content. To be able to keep 11 attendees in multiple locations engaged for 4 full days is no mean feat. Kudos to you both and I look forward to reaching out to Elabor8 again soon as I continue to advance my career.
Ben Arnott, Agile Practitioner
I really enjoyed the SAFe Program Consultant 4 day course run by James and Sam at Elabor8. The course reinforced quite a lot of what we do at work every day and helps me on a daily basis return to fundamentals and solve problems through best practice. James’s amazing experience from years in SAFe was like hearing the content from its creator. The remote course was the best remote learning experience I ever had and a model for how to run remote online workshops / learning activities. I recommend the course to anyone in the industry regardless of how much or little experience in SAFe you have.
Robert Crocitti, Head of Product Engineering ‑ Digital & Data